DO YOU HAVE SKIN OF COLOUR?
The majority of the world's population has skin of colour
- Asians > than half of the total population
- By 2050, nearly one‐half of the U.S. population will be non-white (a)
- Wide range of racial and ethnic groups ( IV-VI)
- Africans, African Americans, African Caribbeans –(3.3% Black ethnic groups in UK)*
- Asians-Chinese , Japanese, Indians, Pakistanis, Arabs etc. (7.5% Asian ethnic groups in UK)*
- Native American Navajo Indians,
Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups (2.2% in UK)*. In London alone 58.4% of total Black population in UK, 35.9% of Asian population, 33.1% of people with Mixed ethnicity *(*according to the 2011 Census)
a-Vashi N.A. Kundu R.V. Facial hyperpigmentation: causes and treatment British Journal of Dermatology Volume169, Issues3 .
Special Issue: Ethnic Skin: a New Era for Studying Human Cutaneous Diversity October 2013 Pages 41-56
Dr Bhavjit Kaur offers video consultations to discuss your skin from the comfort of your own home to own home. Please complete the form below to request an appointment.
Dr Bhavjit Kaur is of Indian origin and has suffered from Acne, pitted(atrophic) acne scarring and post inflammatory (post acne) hyperpigmentation. She can completely empathise with all of you that suffer from this conditions. but let us not forget that ALL SKIN IS BEAUTIFUL. If these issues have an impact on your confidence and self esteem or are affecting the quality of your daily life then do get in touch with us.
An in-depth consultation will be booked with me. Based on your concerns & expectations, a treatment plan will be developed together with you.
- Excess Hair on face
- Ingrown hair
- Acne and Acne scarring
- Sun damage
- Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (DPN)
- Hair loss on scalp
Request a call back
Dr Bhavjit Kaur
Dr Bhavjit Kaur is an Aesthetic Physician, with over 27 years of clinical experience. She is a postgraduate in Pathology, Biomedical sciences, DRCOG, DFSRH and Cosmetic Medicine.